Yep, that’s right. Round 2 of ROW80 officially begins tomorrow and I am all ready!
For those of you wondering what in the world I am talking about, ROW80 (Round of Words in 80 days) is a writing challenge that I joined in the beginning of the year. Participants set goals for themselves and then “check-in” with a blog post once or twice a week about their progress. Not only is it great fun to hop on over to other participants’ blogs to encourage and support them on their quests, but it really helped me learn how to set attainable goals for myself.
Speaking of goals, it is time to post mine for this round.
1. Finish the first draft of The Unnamed.
2. Write a minimum of 3500 words a week.
3. Write 2 blog posts a week, minimum.
4. Visit and comment on at least 2 blogs a day. (I know this isn’t much and I may be able to sneak more in, but I really have to focus my attention on my WIP. And this will give me a good starting place this time around.)
5. Promote 2 fellow writers a day (different ones of course!)
1. Go walking 3 times a week. (This one I have to build up to as I am getting over bronchitis, which is why I didn’t put down a distance goal. That being said, the first week or so I won’t meet this one but I want it in here to I have something to work towards.)
2. Eat healthier. (I know this one isn’t as measurable as the others, but it is something my husband and I are working on together. I wanted to include it in case anyone has great recipes that want to share!)
And that’s my goals for the next 80 days.
I learned last round that checking in twice a week was just too much for me. I’m going to continue with the schedule I was on in Round 1 and check in on Sundays.
How about you? Are you participating in this round or maybe you have your own writing challenge you’re participating in? Tell me all about it!
For more information, or if you want to join in the ROW80 fun, check out the website here.